[BC] HD Radio's lack of upgrade capability

Cowboy curt
Fri Oct 21 06:40:50 CDT 2005

On Thursday 20 October 2005 09:48 pm, Michael Bergman wrote:

>> OTA, the upgrade hardware is paid for as part of the
>> set purchase.
>
>Oh--my mistake!  It IS paid for.  I can pass the cost on to the consumer.

 I wanna know....
 Who's gonna pay for the extra and specialized encoding equipment
 at each and every transmitter site, and who's gonna make sure that
 each and every transmitter actually transmits these upgrades ?

 OTA sound wonderful on the surface, but I see a few gotchas in this.

>"imaginary as in sqrt(-1)"?  Is that what the 'i' in iBOC is for, i.e.,
>iBOC^2 = -BOC^2?  (What about iPod?)

 Now, that WAS pretty good !

--
Cowboy

http://cowboys.homeip.net

"My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four.  Unless
there are three other people."
		-- Orson Welles