[BC] empty sites

Ballard F. Fore, Jr. balfore
Fri Oct 21 07:43:14 CDT 2005

Speaking of dumping....I have an operating site sitting on an old county
dump.

The ice bridge have to be adjusted every year to keep my rigid line
straight. The guyed wires have to be tensioned yearly also.

Glad we don't own the site any more.

Global does.

Ballard

-----Original Message-----
From: broadcast-bounces at radiolists.net
[mailto:broadcast-bounces at radiolists.net] On Behalf Of Sid Schweiger
Sent: Friday, October 21, 2005 7:50 AM
To: broadcast at radiolists.net
Subject: Re: [BC] empty sites

>>I had some guy dump a pile of colored bricks against the fence of one
site, and not 30 feet away, the rest of the fence was still there.<<

At the last place I worked, I went to the transmitter one fine day for a
routine check, only to find a rather large rust-colored lump of some sort of
metal about ten feet from the fence around the site.

On closer inspection, it was the crushed, rusted-out hulk of a 1950s-vintage
VW Beetle.  I have no idea how it got there, or why anyone would make the
effort to dump it there, since this site was a mile and a quarter from the
nearest paved road, and the dirt road to the site was not easy to traverse.

Sid Schweiger
IT Manager, Entercom Boston LLC
WAAF - WEEI AM/FM - WMKK - WRKO - WVEI
20 Guest St / 3d Floor