[BC] empty sites

Mike McCarthy Towers
Fri Oct 21 07:53:19 CDT 2005

Speaking of dumps....

The Milwaukee community TV tower and the older Sinclair TV tower, both over
1000 ft. are also built on an old dump. The two towers are 300 ft. from
each other and guylines interleave.  Complex site...

The towers, anchors, and LARGE TX buildings all sit on pilings which go
through the dump to stable soil.  The rest of the ground is by far from
stable.  The sidewalks and parking lot are all 4-6" lower than when the
site was built.  What was once smooth side walks are now stepped leading to
the older building's TX rooms.

MM

At 08:42 AM 10/21/2005 -0400, Ballard F. Fore, Jr. wrote