[BC] TV's "Family Hour" (WAS: HD Radio...get it right!)

WFIFeng@aol.com WFIFeng
Tue Oct 18 18:34:08 CDT 2005

In a message dated 10/18/2005 12:30:33 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
richwood at pobox.com writes:

> Same difference. The intent was to encourage less network control and
>  localism. Over the years it's crept into being syndication territory.
>  I remember a suggestion that the rule be dropped and hoards of
>  syndicators came out of the woodwork to protest.

Rich, please clarify- Did you mean less network control *and less* localism?
Or just less network control, and (more) localism?

If the latter, how was the so-called "Family Hour" supposed to promote
localism?

Willie...