[BC] RE: HD Radio -- Folks we have to get it right!

Rich Wood richwood
Wed Oct 19 00:01:24 CDT 2005

------ At 07:28 PM 10/18/2005, RRSounds at aol.com wrote: -------

>Then again, they may want to replace Renee Montagne ("Morning
>Edition"), Michele Norris and Melissa Block ("All Things
>Considered") with more
>codec-friendly male voices if they want to keep ratings during the talk shows.

I've been seriously considering getting back into announcing. My
voice is perfect for any codec. I'm the male version of the lady who
does the telco announcements. Everyone loves it. I need to get a demo
to NPR even though I was part of the team that started it in the
early 70s. Many of the people who worked the Eastern Educational
Radio Network moved to WETA after our early news experiments in
Morning Pro Musica. If they'll forgive me for discovering Robert J.
Lurtsema (the Rush Limbaugh of Classical Music) I may have a chance.

Rich