[BC] HD Radio -- Folks we have to get it right!

Rich Wood richwood
Tue Oct 18 11:46:27 CDT 2005

------ At 08:31 AM 10/18/2005, Kirk Harnack wrote: -------

>Do you not find any enjoyment in "real-time" TV?  CNN? CNN-HN? Fox
>News?  The Weather Channel?  I can certainly time-shift TV myself,
>but I find that my sense of "now" is gratified by keeping one of the
>aforementioned networks on around the house or office.

It's a strange argument in a radio world that claims only live and
local can save the industry. Under this scenario, no one needs to be
live. Voicetrack everything. If everyone is timeshifting it'll be
death for Talk Radio shows that rely on live callers. Those that
produce composite shows like Car Talk will survive.

Rich

Rich Wood
Rich Wood Multimedia
Phone: 413-303-9084