[BC] HD Radio multicasting bandwidth

Robert Meuser Robertm
Tue Oct 18 10:47:14 CDT 2005

DANA PUOPOLO wrote:

> Look at what the HDTV 'Grand Alliance' did. Because they refused to wait SIX
> MONTHS, we got saddled with 8 VSB HDTV, which as about a quarter as robust as
> COFDM, the system the rest of the world adopted.
>
> Because they couldn't wait, our HDTV system is INTERLACED, instead of being
> progressive scanned (which would have made it compatible with computer
> video).

Dana

you are sooo wrong. The 8 vsb problem  is now very well solved on the receiver
side. I live in an RF cavern and can receive all local DTV signals with an
Indoor antenna. My reception far exceeds analog on the same antenna.

  As for interlaced, again you must be smoking something as 720  P and 480 P are
part of the spec and are part of what I watch daily.

  As for quality 1080i blows the ass off the competition. We were discussing
this while I was on speaker phone with an ABC tech ( they are 720 P) he over
heard our conversation and added the "yes our video sucks it is only 720P"

Please research your comments before blathering.