[BC] HD Radio multicasting bandwidth

Rich Wood richwood
Tue Oct 18 14:07:10 CDT 2005

------ At 11:46 AM 10/18/2005, Robert Meuser wrote: -------

>  As for quality 1080i blows the ass off the competition. We were
> discussing this while I was on speaker phone with an ABC tech (
> they are 720 P) he over heard our conversation and added the "yes
> our video sucks it is only 720P"

The worst I've seen is FOX (WTIC-TV, Hartford) over Charter cable. I
have no ABC HD here, so I can't comment. PBS, NBC and CBS (all off
air) are great, as are the cable premium and Discovery channel. I
suspect the lack of ABC is the fact that WGGB-TV, Springfield, is
Sinclair. Sinclair objected strongly to the current system, though a
Sinclair employee told me other Sinclair stations were HD.

There isn't anything I watch on ABC or FOX, so it hasn't been a
problem for me.

Rich

Rich Wood
Rich Wood Multimedia