[BC] HD Radio -- Folks we have to get it right!

Mike McCarthy Towers
Tue Oct 18 08:49:14 CDT 2005

Ever watch CNN HN lately.  They're segment recording a substantial portion
of the live reads.  Only sections at the top of the cast are live.  Even
then, some may be direct repeats of previous hours if the news is not
breaking. I've seen several elements later in the casts which are COMPLETE
DIRECT repeats of prior hours/reads.  I suspect, CNN is doing the same
during the overnight hours except for breaking news/targeted updates.

I suspect that the WC is also doing some of that during certain hours as
well.  Given their low TSW format, I would not be surprised to see this
during certain forecast segments which don't contain live radar shots or
warning information.

MM

At 07:31 AM 10/18/2005 -0500, Kirk Harnack wrote