[BC] HD Radio -- Folks we have to get it right!

Bill Sepmeier dcpowerandlight
Mon Oct 17 10:07:08 CDT 2005

>From: Robert Meuser:

>>Check out what Qualcomm and others are up to to get my point here. They
>>ain't talking about no wimpy WI-Max, or 802.x hotspots.  They are talking
>>about covering entire markets with broadband digital entertainment /
>>information systems to be received on computers, cell phones, and anything
>>else that has a little computer in it, and can pick up RF.  All this
>>coming to a neighborhood transmitter site near us in the next year or so!

Yep!  They just hired Tom Mikkelson to coordinate this entire project!  Full
motion television on demand, radio on demand, the 'net ... banking, bill
paying, traffic maps in real time, RFID payments for tollways ... it's an
aggressive plan to provide everything the public needs and it is underway
now.

Wait until they buy up the VHF band though ... then thiongs will really get
moving!