[BC] HD Radio -- Folks we have to get it right!

Robert Orban rorban
Sun Oct 16 15:33:18 CDT 2005

At 11:48 AM 10/16/2005, you wrote:
>From: Robert Meuser <Robertm at broadcast.net>
>Subject: Re: [BC] HD Radio -- Folks we have to get it right!
>
>Robert Orban wrote:
>

> > Perhaps I am prejudiced against analog FM from living in the Bay Area,
> > AKA "multipath central," for all of my adult life. I can't enjoy
> > listening to our local class-B FM classical station (KDFC) in my car
> > (which has a spatial diversity radio with two antennas) because of the
> > incessant spitting and picket-fencing interposed with blasts of
> > multipath distortion and a stereo image that is constantly widening
> > and narrowing as the radio tries to make the best of a bad situation.
>
>Bob:
>
>Have you tried a good Digiceiver?    I don't know specifically how it
>would work in your market, but it does work wonders elsewhere.

My radio is a Nakamichi in the 1995 Lexus LS400 premium factory sound
system. The car is now over 10 years old and I will probably replace it
within the next 2 years (when the rumored hybrid LS is available), so I am
not particularly inclined to put an aftermarket radio in it at this point
in the vehicle's life. Hopefully, by the time I am ready to buy a new
vehicle, the factory premium sound system will be available with HD and
satellite.

BTW, that Lexus is by far the most reliable vehicle I have ever owned. I
paid a lot for it 10 years ago, but it was money well spent considering the
usage I got out of it. It now has 136,000 miles on it, still runs
beautifully and had only the most minor of problems through the years.
Highly recommended.

Bob Orban