[BC] HD Radio -- Folks we have to get it right!

DANA PUOPOLO dpuopolo
Sun Oct 16 13:18:40 CDT 2005

Nah, Rich they just crank up that CASHBOX unit. They've discovered that if you
turn it up to 11+, It removes ALL pauses and pacing from the talent's voice
and gives you an extra 3 minutes for spots.

I've heard that the next generation gives you six minutes and makes everyone
sound like the old Fedex announcer (or Jackson Armstrong)!

-D

>One serious problem for Talk is the heavy spot load. It's very hard for a
host to get rolling when he or she has to stop down 7 minutes into an opening
monologue. If you don'st spread the breaks they'll all end up being 10
minutes.

Rich