[BC] HD Radio -- Folks we have to get it right!

Rich Wood richwood
Sun Oct 16 14:39:47 CDT 2005

------ At 02:30 PM 10/16/2005, Robert Meuser wrote: -------

>To date some of the additional programming has come cheaply. One
>station has a commercial free version of itself thanks to some
>cleaver computer tricks  another has an all traffic and weather that
>comes from exisiting resources. Any large company already has most
>of the resources in place to add content at near zero cost.

We don't need cheap programming. We don't need non-commercial
versions of what we've got. Let's fast forward a couple of decades
when it's all digital or completely dead. As an advertiser what
reason would I have to buy a station that had a non-commercial counterpart?

In the early 70s when "More Music, Less Talk" reared its ugly head,
Boston ad agencies let it be known they would not buy stations that
disparaged commercials. They weren't even thrilled at Easy listening
stations that had commercial free hours. It was almost an instant
cure for stations that badmouthed spot. AT WJIB(FM) we called them
"Total Music Hours."

As I've REPEATED to the point of HARPING I'm considering secondary
channels as revenue-producing REAL radio stations. Mark Mays wants
more stations. Here they are. Far more than he ever dreamed of
without having to spend precious millions on antiquated facilities.
If it doesn't generate revenue it's cannibalizing your main channel

Rich

Rich Wood
Rich Wood Multimedia
Phone: 413-303-9084