[BC] HD Radio -- Folks we have to get it right!

Rich Wood richwood
Sun Oct 16 13:17:33 CDT 2005

------ At 01:13 PM 10/16/2005, Goran Tomas wrote: -------

>But you mention content and IBOC does give you an opportunity to
>have two (or even three) channels. How's that for content?

That's thousands more radio stations that'll need revenue-producing
content. Does CC have plans to hire thousands more people to provide
it or will it be an extra job for someone already there? Will the
secondary channels be consigned to an Intel 386 computer with free
Jukebox software? No one has answered those question. Maybe if I HARP
and REPEAT enough, someone will answer the question.

>And on the "features" side there's also an opportunity for 5.1 surround.

Again. No consultation with programmers who know people respond to
the mixes they heard on radio, particularly oldies. What organization
has been set up to remix the thousands of great hits recorded in
garages - in mono - so they sound like the songs we remember. Not
brand spanking new mixes that miss the artist's intent. I'm suppose
to be doing some heavy lifting. I'd be happy to work for whatever
organization is set up (for a fee, of course, I don't subsidize
profitmaking corporations) to help produce 5.1 mixes of mono
originals. I know Les Paul and I'm sure he'll help me figure out a way.

>In the end, IBOC is not bad enough to be tossed down the toilet.
>Hence all the discussion about it..

There's a line waiting to flush. It's longer than the one at a
women's rest room at a Broadway intermission.

Rich