[BC] HD Radio -- Folks we have to get it right!

Goran Tomas goran.tomas
Sun Oct 16 12:13:37 CDT 2005

--- At 16.10.2005.w 09:07, Bill Sepmeier wrote: ---
>Content, not some Internet-stream-quality Rube Goldberg Designed Signal
>will preserve and grow audience base...

I agree in the fact that analog FM is just too good (quality wise) that
something new will be noticeably better. Yes there's pre-emphasis, etc, but
thanks in large part to people like Bob, it sounds good. Just switching to
digital does not improve quality enough (for the average Joe) to justify
the implementation of whole new system.

But you mention content and IBOC does give you an opportunity to have two
(or even three) channels. How's that for content?

And on the "features" side there's also an opportunity for 5.1 surround.

In the end, IBOC is not bad enough to be tossed down the toilet. Hence all
the discussion about it...

Regards,
Goran Tomas