[BC] Transmitter Names

Mike McCarthy mre
Sun Oct 16 11:01:20 CDT 2005

Amanda....

Absolutely
Most
Assinine
Nincompoop
Design (ever)
Assembled.

I have named only one transmitter that name.

Another is Getrude S. Transmitter (advisors name from my high school
station)  S. stood for STUBBORN...because she never stayed on the air.

Now, I've just named two HD transmitters...

Vanessa S. Transmitter and Veronica S. Transmiter.  Both are perfect 10
(10KW) transmitters...and the S is for Sweet.

I'm trying to put some good vibes into them so they come up failure
free.

MM

> Our very best was NAB 03 when we introduced the new Omnia internal
digital audio processor for our transmitter line. We had everything at
the show except for a name. To be eligible for the cool stuff we had to
come up with a name. Our marketing manager thinking quickly on his feet
came up with the FM OM-1 which of course was copied wrong and we ended
up with the F MOM 1 not really a shining moment but very funny (and
only around for 1 day) Shortly after we came up with the name DP-3. Our
personal record for letters though is the Crown FMX/DMS250GT/RMS/DP-3
usually with an additional "e i e i o" thrown in by our Dealers.