[BC] logging question

Mike McCarthy mre
Sun Oct 16 10:33:36 CDT 2005

Dictaphone made a broadcast logger.  It used special 10" reels which
could record 4+ days on a single reel.  I've thrown out several in past
years in palce of HD based systems.

Many 911 centers have 16 or more tracks on 1" tape that are being used
today.  However, with the increasing HD sizes and programs which can
take as manay as 32 incoming audio channels at once, it's becoming more
practical to record to HD.

MM

> A friend of mine (who used to work at the same station I did back in
the
> mid 1970s) and I were thinking back to how the PD used to have to
record
> everything that went out on the air-- but we were trying to recall
the name
> of the piece of equipment that did it. It wasn't a skimmer-- it
recorded
> everything, not just what the jocks said when they opened the mike.
My