[BC] RAIN report: HD Radio s Creative Thinking

Goran Tomas goran.tomas
Sat Oct 15 10:54:43 CDT 2005

--- At 15.10.2005.w 06:12, DANA PUOPOLO wrote: ---
>Unless I actually READ the tests (and their results), I assume notning about
>them.

Here's one for you, done by EBU (European Broadcasting Union):
http://www.ebu.ch/CMSimages/en/tec_doc_t3296_tcm6-10497.pdf

>By the way, I can pick out BR reduced audio that's under 256K  when
>compared with the original source with near 100% accuracy using headphones I
>know (Grados).

Did you try AAC? It's the first codec rendered transparent at 128kbps
stereo (by EBU). While I respect your good hearing, I sincerely doubt
you'll be able to hear AAC at 256kbps... May I suggest you try doing a
double blind comparison of WAV and AAC at 256 with tool such as ABX
(www.pcabx.com)? You may try a lower bitrate as well ;-)

Regards,
Goran Tomas