[BC] HD Radio -- Folks we have to get it right!

WLOYPROD WLOYPROD WLOYPROD
Sat Oct 15 10:51:45 CDT 2005

keep in mind as well that these are cars equipped with BMWs iDrive
central controller.
owners have returned their cars because of headaches trying to operate
this system and every car magazine I've ever read is filled with
loathing over this central control system.  adding a flip-flop signal to
the radio is probably the final straw with a lot of owners and HD radio
will take the blame for some of the frustration caused by iDrive.

>>> cornelius at cgould.com 10/13/05 4:36 PM >>>
I'm hearing from our corporate bosses that BMW's HD radios are hitting

the market.  So far there is one MAJOR complaint, and it's going to
take
all of us broadcasters to get this right to fix it!

Cars are being returned because people are complaining that "their
radios aren't working right". The problem: The audio keeps skipping
back
and forth.

..Yes...you guessed it!  Too many stations are NOT time aligning their

analog signals with HD.  Niether the BMW service centers or the car
owners fully understand what's wrong with the radios - only that they
"DO NOT WORK RIGHT".

If we expect the auto makers to take us seriously with HD Radio, we all

as in industry have to make sure HD Radio is set up right!!!!  We can't

afford to have the auto industry bail on us because of all the
complaints about something so simple to fix!!!

Just taking a brief moment in my busy schedule these days to give a
heads up to fellow tech folks in the broadcast world!

-Cornelius