[BC] Transmitter Names

Kent Koselke kkoselke
Fri Oct 14 17:17:21 CDT 2005

Our very best was NAB 03 when we introduced the new Omnia internal digital audio processor for our transmitter line. We had everything at the show except for a name. To be eligible for the cool stuff we had to come up with a name. Our marketing manager thinking quickly on his feet came up with the FM OM-1 which of course was copied wrong and we ended up with the F MOM 1 not really a shining moment but very funny (and only around for 1 day) Shortly after we came up with the name DP-3. Our personal record for letters though is the Crown FMX/DMS250GT/RMS/DP-3 usually with an additional "e i e i o" thrown in by our Dealers.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Kent Koselke
Crown Broadcast IREC
Sales Marketing Manager