[BC] Not a good week: tears in the rack room

Cowboy curt
Fri Oct 14 08:52:21 CDT 2005

 A tad late, due to a now fixed queue problem...

On Sunday 28 August 2005 08:52 am, WFIFeng at aol.com wrote:
>In a message dated 08/28/2005 8:23:26 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
>Towers at mre.com writes:
>
>> Unlike many in this business who simply refer to radio as a job, we
>>  engineers often have some/much of our souls (besides blood) invested in
>the
>>  places we build.
>>
>>  That's tough to get your hands around at times.
>
>Yes, I know the feeling. A number of years ago, now, I remember helping to
>tear-down the studio facilities of a once-thriving local station. I was involved
>with it on a very surface level, though, having only actually been there 3 or
>4 times, yet the feelings of sadness & remorse at it's demise were just as
>real. (I was mostly involved in it's move from Daytime Only non-D to 24 hours
>Directional on a new freq.)

 Every now and again, but thankfully rare, I'm asked to disassemble an
 acquisition, usually for a consolidation type move.
 It's usually worse than attending the funeral of a good friend.
 Matters not if *I* had any association with that particular facility in its past.
 There have been enough WKRP's and the like that I have, and just knowing
 that it was once a living, breathing, thriving place, the kind that I've loved,
 and hated, for more than half my entire life...

 It's the ghosts that'll get ya, every time.

--
Cowboy

http://cowboys.homeip.net

My theology, briefly, is that the universe was dictated but not
signed.
		-- Christopher Morley