[BC] HD Radio -- Folks we have to get it right!

Rich Wood richwood
Thu Oct 13 19:57:49 CDT 2005

------ At 04:36 PM 10/13/2005, Cornelius Gould wrote: -------

>If we expect the auto makers to take us seriously with HD Radio, we
>all as in industry have to make sure HD Radio is set up
>right!!!!  We can't afford to have the auto industry bail on us
>because of all the complaints about something so simple to fix!!!

The mistiming is a serious problem. Very noticeable. The next batch
of returns will be the constant quality difference switching from
digital to analog, especially on AM, especially in the near fringe of
a signal. I don't believe this is something the radio industry can
solve. Unless both modes have the same coverage the cars will come
back. Trust me. I come from a car dealer family. No one wants a new
car returned for a radio problem. What they'll probably do is replace
the IBUZ receiver with a standard one and give the customer some
other accessory. It's unlikely the customer requested IBUZ, anyway.
That solves the waste of time dealer problem and the car comes back
only for profitable repairs and maintenance.

Rich