[BC] HD Radio -- Folks we have to get it right!

Cornelius Gould cornelius
Thu Oct 13 16:45:37 CDT 2005

I'm hearing from our corporate bosses that BMW's HD radios are hitting
the market.  So far there is one MAJOR complaint, and it's going to take
all of us broadcasters to get this right to fix it!

Cars are being returned because people are complaining that "their
radios aren't working right". The problem: The audio keeps skipping back
and forth.

..Yes...you guessed it!  Too many stations are NOT time aligning their
analog signals with HD.  Niether the BMW service centers or the car
owners fully understand what's wrong with the radios - only that they
"DO NOT WORK RIGHT".

If we expect the auto makers to take us seriously with HD Radio, we all
as in industry have to make sure HD Radio is set up right!!!!  We can't
afford to have the auto industry bail on us because of all the
complaints about something so simple to fix!!!

Just taking a brief moment in my busy schedule these days to give a
heads up to fellow tech folks in the broadcast world!

-Cornelius