[BC] HD Radio -- Folks we have to get it right!

Cowboy curt
Fri Oct 14 10:06:58 CDT 2005

On Thursday 13 October 2005 04:36 pm, Cornelius Gould wrote:
>I'm hearing from our corporate bosses that BMW's HD radios are hitting
>the market.  So far there is one MAJOR complaint, and it's going to take
>all of us broadcasters to get this right to fix it!
>
>Cars are being returned because people are complaining that "their
>radios aren't working right". The problem: The audio keeps skipping back
>and forth.
>
>..Yes...you guessed it!  Too many stations are NOT time aligning their
>analog signals with HD.  Niether the BMW service centers or the car
>owners fully understand what's wrong with the radios - only that they
>"DO NOT WORK RIGHT".

 This is likely a MUCH bigger issue than most realize.
 ( bordering on a firing offense, in my not so humble opinion )

 Regardless of which side of the HD fence one may be on,
 if it becomes preceived as a "problem" by our audience,
 regardless of the cause, they will vote with their dollars,
 and we ALL lose !

 It becomes just another reason why iPOD is "better" than radio.
 It becomes another reason to tune to TV, or web-cast,
 anything but radio.

 It's like running a soup kitchen.
 Doing it right, is like making a nice, big pot of soup for us all.
 Some may like it, and some may not.
 That's a content issue, mostly. A matter of taste.

 Doing it wrong, is more like pissing in the pot.
 The burger joint down the street is the only winner.

--
Cowboy

http://cowboys.homeip.net

My theology, briefly, is that the universe was dictated but not
signed.
		-- Christopher Morley