[BC] Problems that make you want to scream!

Phil Alexander dynotherm
Wed Oct 12 22:11:50 CDT 2005

On 12 Oct 2005 at 16:11, Alan Alsobrook wrote:

> I confirmed a STL TX failure, You would normally think
> that was enough. I'll go back this evening and replace the STL receiver.
> I would have really been happy if I had had the SA with me to see if I
> was receiving the STL at the tower site when it was failing. That of
> course would have confirmed an intermittent receiver. Since I wasn't
> able to do that it still leaves doubts as to 100% for sure where the
> problem is.

Alan,

If the Tx is now working OK, and the link fails I'd be looking at
Rx LO stability. But you know how I am. <g>

Phil Alexander, CSRE, AMD
(a Div. of Advanced Parts Corporation)
Ph. (317) 335-2065   FAX (317) 335-9037