[BC] Problems that make you want to scream!

Alan Alsobrook radiotech
Thu Oct 13 00:21:40 CDT 2005

It very well could be that, but give me about another hour and that receiver will be removed to go
back to the shop! I'm dropping in a replacement receiver tonight. I just finished retuning the
replacement transmitter I put in yesterday, It was slurring SSes! really bad so I looked and saw the
deviation was +-120Khz.. I figured that was a bit much. (this was a working STL a few years ago
under the care of another engineer. It appears he retuned it with out the aid of proper test
equipment) It was only making 2W when I turned it on. So now I've got it modulating 43 Khz at +8 db
so I think it might sound a bit better on the air. This is an AM so I turned off the preemphsis as
well.  Next step is to go swap the receivers.