[BC] Claxton GA

Scott Cason scott
Wed Oct 12 09:16:51 CDT 2005

>>Yes, Claxton is called the "Fruitcake Capital of the World". Thing is,
they
haven't baked any fruitcakes since 1962.

Have you ever heard Blue 92 over in Claxton.  I think it was Claxton.
Anyway the guy that used to own that station also owned WKAA licensed, at
the time, to Ocilla Georgia since moved to Tifton.  I worked for the Ocilla
station.  Doc Kilday I think his name was.  Son's name was Lloyd.  I always
thought Doc Kilday was a great air name.

>>and Germans, I'm here to tell you...that there is some kinda damned good
eatin'! I'll see y'all at Vandy's BBQ, W. Vine Street in Uptown
Statesboro...serving hungry Bulloch Countians since 1937.

Ever had a chance to attend the Big Pig Jig in my hometown of Vienna?  I
tell you where some good BBQ is.  Fresh Air up in Athens.  I ran across a
one Lewis McDonald Grizzard Jr in there one day.  You might know him, too.

>>I'm still jovial,
His Jovial Jayness

Tell Jolly Cholly we said "hi"

Scott Cason