[BC] Schematics in products (WAS: WTIR..in Miami!)

DANA PUOPOLO dpuopolo
Wed Oct 12 09:00:13 CDT 2005

I dunno.
Bext seems to make a living translating the manuals for Italian equipment.

-D

------ Original Message ------
From: Robert Meuser <Robertm at broadcast.net>
Subject: Re: [BC] Schematics in products (WAS: WTIR..in Miami!)

Keith Hammond wrote:

>   I wonder if there's a living to be made in rewriting some of these
> manuals? On the other hand, maybe I should by a transmitter and send it
> to an enemy in the hopes he'll read the instructions! (Just kidding.)

There is not a living to be made.  In the 80s I worked with an Italian company

that built early solid state FM TXs. Their brochures and manuals were
horrible.
They were translated by a relative who had moved to Ireland. I have been
through
this many times and the people exporting this stuff do not get it and do not
want to.