[BC] Bird to Coaxial dynamics adapter

Andy Green Listservers andyglist
Wed Oct 12 04:06:57 CDT 2005

Hi all,

My question to the brains trust concerns the DC  connector on the line
section for connecting to a Bird or Coaxial dynamics power meter.

Some of the transmitter sites I look after have Bird line sections, others
are Coaxial Dynamics

The Bird has a larger connector, sort of like an SO239 - in fact the shell
of a PL259 will screw on. The Coaxial Dynamics version has a smaller
connector, which they term a MIC connector - I can sort of recall an
unbalanced microphone connector that looked like it.
It has the same thread and diameter of an 'F' connector

Can anyone help me in locating (or even identifying the correct name for the
connector type) either a ready made adapter between the two types or a
source for the connectors so that I can make up an adapter. I also want to
make up a shorting plug to protect my Coaxial Dynamics meter when in
transit.

Apparently, the characteristics of the Coaxial Dynamics and the Bird slugs
are the same, according to several sources on the web

Many thanks,

Andy Green
Total Broadcast Consultants Ltd.,
U8F, City Enterprise Centre,