[BC] Re: What I want from the list

Tom Dimeo mwamdx
Wed Oct 12 03:55:17 CDT 2005

Matt,

Don't be too harsh on the members of this list.  I too get
annoyed at the rants, flames and complaints but over the year
or so I've been here I have received a lot of help and
answers to my questions.  I am not a broadcaster, just
someone who has always been very interested in the broadcast
industry, but even my, sometimes, amateurish posts have been
treated with respect for the most part.

For example, I've received suggestions from several members
when I asked about purchasing a small broadcast console, the
operation of the Symetrix 528E, displaying high power
transmitting tubes, the frequency of the WGN top of the hour
tone, (in fact, someone even generated one) aspects of studio
design, the 807 cathode follower circuitry used in
transmitters in the fifties (I even heard from an engineer
from a transmitter manufacturer) and other subjects I have
forgotten.  Not only have I received answers on the list but
in some cases I've had off list discussions to help me even
more.

I think there are a lot of good people here.  Post your
questions or comments and see what happens.

Tom

** Original Message From: Howell, Matt **