[BC] Schematics in products (WAS: WTIR..in Miami!)

WFIFeng@aol.com WFIFeng
Tue Oct 11 22:25:50 CDT 2005

In a message dated 10/11/2005 10:34:12 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
akline at netins.net writes:

> That's why I was so surprised to pick up WJR!  It's an ok little radio for
>  the locals--it helps to be just under 10 miles from WHO's blowtorch--but
it'
>  never exactly been a DX wonder...
>
>  BTW...when was the last time anyone saw a consumer radio with the schematic
>  pasted inside the battery compartment cover?

You know... I miss that! There was a time when virtually *everything*
included a schematic. I remember lamenting their demise sometime in the 80's. I'd
open stuff up, and ask "Where's the schematic?!" They were either inside the
unit, or on the last page of the manual.

Now we get manuals with instructions like: "To operate radio, rotate knob to
position ON then turn to volume requested. To set station, turn dial for
frequency. If poor sound, replace battery."

Ugh.

Willie...