[BC] Schematics in products (WAS: WTIR..in Miami!)

Keith Hammond monsterfm
Tue Oct 11 23:34:15 CDT 2005

Willie wrote:

> Now we get manuals with instructions like: "To operate radio,
> rotate knob to
> position ON then turn to volume requested. To set station,
> turn dial for
> frequency. If poor sound, replace battery."

  Are you kidding me? Most of the instructions are more like:

  "If to operate is desired the radio, twisterly onward the knobster
thwartedly. Turnably, it should thusly be rotated until volumny is
desired to acceptable decibels. Stationing settables is to by dialing
for prosperous Mega-Kila-Giga hurts. If sonicsticity is intolerantable,
more likely cell transplants should occur or not occur. Manual
translation by your best local motel management in spare time on used
486 DXII."

  I forget the exact wording but, I have a manual for a 20Kw.
Transmitter (make And model withheld to protect the guilty) that
seriously reads as if a person is *required* to touch the B+ lead at the
PA cavity! (Something like "During operation touch red connection with
caution only when high tension is present...")

  I wonder if there's a living to be made in rewriting some of these
manuals? On the other hand, maybe I should by a transmitter and send it
to an enemy in the hopes he'll read the instructions! (Just kidding.)

Keith Hammond

KBKH-FM (Shamrock, Texas)

(806) 256-1221