[BC] Satellite EAS

Brian Urban burban
Tue Oct 11 09:50:48 CDT 2005

As I recall, when the government proposed putting EMP protection devices on
our directional array, tubes are not immune, just harder to blow.  They
wanted to put gas gaps and other stuff on the transmission lines, tower
bases, power lines, phasor gear, transmitter, etc.  This was almost 30 years
ago so my memory is fuzzy as to actual details.  The biggest thing I
remember is that EMP makes lightning look like the static charge you build
up walking across the carpet in winter