[BC] Engineering competence( WAS: Air America)

WFIFeng@aol.com WFIFeng
Tue Oct 11 08:45:12 CDT 2005

In a message dated 10/11/2005 9:06:54 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
bbowers at townsqr.com writes:

> And what this shows us, is for every employer that would
>  hire someone based on facts totally unrelated to work
>  performance, there are GOOD employers out there that
>  will hire based on work performance, cababiltities, etc.

Amen to that.

>  I know which one I would want to work for, I suspect
>  Willie is the same as me - he would want to work for
>  the person that is hiring him for the job he can do.

Exactly.

>  I guess my point would be,  I don't think you would
>  have to worry about Willie applying to you.

Mr Meuser and I are having an off-Forum discussion about his post, even now.

I don't understand why some folks just cannot seperate personal
beliefs/philosophies from the person. As most here know, I am a devout Christian. For
several years, I worked closely with a fine Engineer who is an avowed Atheist. We
got along great. In fact, I miss his friendship! (He was even a guest at my
wedding.) Before he moved away and disappeared, we spent many hours working in
the innards of various transmitters, slogging through swamps pulling ground
wires, building studios, and everything in between. I've been maintaing the
facilities of WFIF, solo, for over 10 years, now. (With the occasional Consultant
thrown-in as required.)

I've said before, and it bears repeating... There are some folks here on this
Forum with whom I have 180 degree opposite views on all kinds of issues, from
religion to politics, inclusive. Yet, I would *not hesitate* to hire any one
of them if I required their skills for a particular task. I know for a fact
that one's personal beliefs do not necessarily reflect upon their intelligence,
skills, or competence.

My hope is that these discussions can "enlighten" others to come to this same
conclusion. Thanks for your comments.

Willie...