[BC] Emergency supplies - was Comments about Meridian MS

Gary Peterson kzerocx
Tue Oct 11 08:28:01 CDT 2005

I have a transmitter site in the boonies (look up the KRCS (FM) transmitter
site on the FCC map), where it would be possible to find myself stranded by
a freak winter storm.  It's a seven mile walk back to civilization in rugged
terrain.  I keep several pounds of dry-roasted peanuts, a case of bottled
water, blankets, candles, T.P., extra flashlight batteries and a kerosene
heater with fuel.  It's cheap insurance for survival.  I hope I never have
to use it.

Gary Peterson, K?CX
Rapid City/Sturgis, SD

" MRE's (and some drinking beverages) should be kept in your service vehicle
if you go to any location which puts you in an isolated location...such as
a transmitter site up in the hills/mountains and the weather/conditions
turns on you or you get trapped. As a rule, my wife and me carry and
annually swap out granola and power bars for the winter.

Bottom line is you don't need to be in a hurricane zone to heed that advice.

MM "