[BC] Air America

Donna Halper dlh
Mon Oct 10 16:52:43 CDT 2005

But what really puzzles me is the anger on THIS list.  So, I make a small
typo (1994 versus 2004-- come on guys, I had eye surgery and have been
struggling with my health for nearly a year) and out come the knives
letting me know  how wrong I was.  So some of you hate Air America and hate
liberal radio and hate progressive and maybe even hate me.  But this
conversation can't be a good one if we can't listen to each other's
viewpoints without gleefully leaping on the other side's alleged sins or
jumping on alleged mistake the e-mailer made. This isn't the cosmic battle
between good and evil, guys-- it's radio, it's communication. Some of you
seem very ideologic and only want your point of view to be the dominant
one.  I accept that, but it's not useful. And you prove my point when you
defend the hatred on the right and condemn the hatred on the left.  BOTH
are equally wrong and equally unhelpful to democracy.  It's the Ten Days of
Repentence and I don't wanna fight with anyone.  If you don't like AAR,
don't listen to it.  But  it has a right to exist.  And just because Rush
or Sean or O'Reilly or Savage has been around longer, that doesn't make
them better.