[BC] Air America

cld@admin.umass.edu cld
Mon Oct 10 17:42:46 CDT 2005

Quoting Scott Cason <scott at lagrange-com.com>:

> Democratic facts as they seem them.  Three hours of someone pointing the
> finger at the other guy and saying "he's wrong" without backing up their
> statements makes for boring radio.  Which is probably the reason they are
> having to pay stations to carry their programming (in the free market, it

Sounds just like Limbaugh, O'Reilly, Hannity and Savage.

> Limbaugh, Hannity, Boortz, Ingraham or the rest of them are always right.  I
> am saying they are entertaining and worth listening to on that respect.  How
> else can someone like Limbaugh build the audience he has over the last 17
> years?

By telling a certain percentage of the American listening audience what they
want to hear- Rambo Radio. Their audience hates the sixties and everything
associated with it such as progessive ideology (although heaven knows it
predates the 60's by a few hundred years) and desires a simple solution to
every complex question (my country right or wrong, God said it that ends it).

I can enjoy Rush's humor from time to time, and even O'Reilly or Hannity's
arrogance, but Savage is so full of hatred that I cannot listen to five
minutes. The man propagates a facist idea that if all of the people who didn't
agree with his red white and true blue vision of America (let's just forget
about his own "questionable" past escapades) just "went away", then there
would be a wonderous god-fearing utopia of like minded "correct thinking"
individuals. Herr Goebbels would be ecstatic. There is no debate on these
shows anymore than you'll see on NBC's Today show when there's a guest whom
Couric doesn't like and they will bring on someone else to railroad that
person into pergatory. Or when you have CBS having a "critical" panel on DeLay
consisting of three republican apologists.

Chuck Dube
Amherst