[BC] Meridian

Larry Fuss lfuss2
Sat Oct 8 20:27:50 CDT 2005

> But radio was fun then and not near as cut-throat as it later became.

Several years earlier I was doing the all-night shift at WNEX in Macon, GA.
I had a buddy who was the desk clerk at the Macon Hilton and he was usually
bored around 5 am.  He called me one morning and said "let's get all the
radio stations on a conference call", so he did.  This went on for several
mornings anad then one day somebody said "hey, let's all play the same song
at the same time and really freak out the button pushers."  So at 5:45 am
one morning, we had 5 radio stations (WNEX-AM, WBML-AM, WMAZ-AM, WDEN-FM in
Macon and WRBN-FM in Warner Robbins), all playing Freddy Fender - Wasted
Days and wasted Nights.  It was on the charts back then and we picked that
particular song because the country station (WDEN) could play it too.  We
did it again a few days later with some Glen Campbell song.

Radio WAS more fun back then.

LF