[BC] Meridian

Larry Fuss lfuss2
Sat Oct 8 19:24:12 CDT 2005

> all the while Houstion Pearce owned but
whomever was the manager had a substantial part ownership exposure.

It was Don Partridge when I was there.  Don had left WOKK a few years
earlier
to buy into WDAL.  Holladay told Don he'd destroy him.  In 1979, I helped
Don turn WDAL into CHR WJDQ.  We destroyed Holladay's CHR.  The old geezer
(Holladay) never forgave me for that.  In the end, Partridge destroyed his
own radio station by letting his no-talent kids control all aspects of
it.  But that's a long story.  Houston bought out Don's widow after Don died
and later sold to Clear Channel for $10-million.

LF