[BC] Meridian

harold stanton k5gvr
Sat Oct 8 19:03:40 CDT 2005

Larry,
When I was there ( and I grew up in Meridian ) there were just as many calls
as to what have you done????????? WDAL had been country for years, even tho
it started in the late fifties as a "rock-a-billy" station. Then it went
country under Dan Hollingsworth all the while Houstion Pearce owned but
whomever was the manager had a substantial part ownership exposure.
Paul Nichols was the guy then and he had a real feel for his "town".
Even Eddie Holladay and Eddie Smith knew their market and lived with what
they did on air and could face the community.
That ain't sayin' I thought much of 'em personally, but they were
"responsible" community members.
Even Lloyd Royal with WQIC knew his audience and was responsible.
WTOK was a home-town station (still kinda sorta is)...........
But there were engineers in every one of the stations that had been paid
well and shown respect.