[BC] Meridian

Larry Fuss lfuss2
Sat Oct 8 18:26:13 CDT 2005

> That market had FIVE well run radio stations and TWO well run TV's...

I was there (Meridian) from '77 to '82 and then again briefly in '84.
They weren't all "well run", but they were all on-the-air.

Q101 debuted on June 6, 1979.  I was the morning man back then.  In place
of the usual small-town southern gospel stuff that aired on WDAL in the
early
morning hours, we came on at 6am playing Top 40.  I took dozens of calls
from
little old ladies all telling me I was going to hell.

LF