[BC] Satellite EAS

Phil Alexander dynotherm
Thu Oct 6 19:38:28 CDT 2005

On 6 Oct 2005 at 15:24, Robert Meuser wrote:

> What about those of us have sat radio so we don't have to hear the Keystone Cops
> version of Emergencies. If there is a problem in the world I'll either see it on
> TV or worst case tune 1010 WINS. Of course I also complain to the cable company
> about EAS tests on non broadcast channels.

If there is a REAL emergency the EMP will have fried the satellites so you will
know to switch to radio that won't be fried.

Think NO was a mess? Then think what comms would be with no birds on-line.
It will be back to hard cables (FO or otherwise) and military and amateur HF
radios.

But the Chinese will never bomb their best customer, will they? Then again,
there is that age old Russian proverb about the frog and the scorpion.

Phil Alexander, CSRE, AMD
(a Div. of Advanced Parts Corporation)
Ph. (317) 335-2065   FAX (317) 335-9037