[BC] Satellite EAS

Robert Meuser Robertm
Thu Oct 6 14:26:36 CDT 2005

What about those of us have sat radio so we don't have to hear the Keystone Cops
version of Emergencies. If there is a problem in the world I'll either see it on
TV or worst case tune 1010 WINS. Of course I also complain to the cable company
about EAS tests on non broadcast channels.

I think you are wrong to compare sat radio to broadcasts. They own their
frequencies and send encrypted signals to those who pay for them. They also have
the ability to address specific receivers. Broadcast is on free channels and is
free to everyone.