[BC] Sign of the times?

Mark Bulla mbulla
Wed Oct 5 05:39:05 CDT 2005

 From the DCRTV (www.dcrtv.org/mailbag.html) website:
Is it now possible to run a radio station without any studio or offices?
The reason I ask is because the offices for WDMV seemed to have
disappeared from Random Hills Road in Fairfax. Their phone (703)
934-6300 has been disconnected and all of the numbers listed now are
cell phone numbers. When I tried to buy time, the person I talked to
said they would come to my office, but wouldn't meet me at the studio.
It appears that all shows now come from remote locations (including
Greaseman from his house) and go right to the transmitter in Frederick ,
MD. The sales staff seem to all have offices in their cars and are
dispatched when someone calls them to inquire about commercial rates. I
wonder if any other stations do this. (10/3/05)
Mark D. Bulla - Chief Engineer
WNUV WB-54
2000 W 41st Street
Baltimore, MD  21211