[BC] "Portable" freq. agile AM TX

WFIFeng@aol.com WFIFeng
Mon Oct 3 13:28:56 CDT 2005

In a message dated 10/03/2005 02:23:48 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
radiotech at bellsouth.net writes:

> To my Knowledge none of the AM boxes are frequency agile. This is
>  primarily due to the output network tuning and the 3rd harmonic trap.

Interesting.

I just got off the phone with someone at Nautel. Their unit is considerably
more pricey than the Armstrong, but it *is* frequency agile. It's larger, but
still rackable, and is 1Kw. (It's called "The Jazz". Nice little box!) If it
were my decision, I'd bite the bullet and get the Nautel. I will recommend it,
but the decision is not mine. I merely provide the research info.

Willie...