[BC] Re: Re: WKRP

Cowboy curt
Sun Oct 2 09:02:07 CDT 2005

On Saturday 01 October 2005 19:08, RRSounds at aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated Sat, 1 Oct 2005 17:11:05 -0400, Cowboy

> > I remember, reading that Malcom "Mac" Rebennack,
> > aka Dr. John the Night Tripper, based ( in part ) ( or at least was inspired
> > by )
> > his Dr. John persona on Dr. Johnny Fever.

> Hmm-m-m...
> Dr. John's persona preceded WKRP by many years.
> "Right Place...Wrong Time" was the big hit for Dr. John in 1973.
> WKRP debuted in 1978, five years later.

 and ....

On Saturday 01 October 2005 19:31, FrankGott at aol.com wrote:

> Except that Dr. John preceded WKRP by a decade.  In my "underground" days in
> 1968 we played Dr. John's album Gris Gris.

 I stand corrected !

 This morning, when memory refresh finally occured......
 ( yes, newer memory seems much faster )

 It was at a concert some years ago, where Dr. John played.
 ( some House of Blues tribute thing )
 The story was part of his introduction, and I do have it backwards.
 Dr. Johnny Fever was in part based on, or inspired by, Mac Rebennack's
 Dr. John persona.
 Or so they said.

 What I do remember clearly, from personal experience, is that even after
 an extended work day, an all-nighter with no sleep, and no matter how
 appropriate and cute it may strike you at the time, never, never
 call your GM Mr. Carlson to his face.
 REALLY bad idea.

--
Cowboy