[BC] The Road Show goes to Western Wisconsin

Larry Bloomfield <Larry@Tech-Notes.TV> reader
Sat Oct 1 18:31:07 CDT 2005

  Hi all

Before we get into what we'll be doing next week, we'd just like to
say that it is very painful for us to see all the destruction in
Texas, Louisiana the other parts of the south where nature has played
such a devastating hand. We've done presentations in many of those
communities where the hurricanes have taken their toll. Our prayers
and best wishes for a speedy recovery go out to all. We've not sent
any e-mail or tried to contact the folks we've met as we know they
have more serious issues to address and deal with than e-mail from us
at this time.

This next week will take The Tech-Notes Taste of NAB 2005 Road Show
to Western Wisconsin. Our first presentation in October will be on
Monday, October 3^rd in Eau Clare, Wisconsin where we'll do our
presentation for SBE Chapter 112, and anyone else who would care to
attend our educational event, at the Community Television facility.
Things will begin with a Pizza Bar at 6:30 PM followed by the Taste
of NAB 2005 Road Show presentation at 7 PM. For details (map, etc.),
please visit:
http://www.tech-notes.tv/2005/63-Western%20Wisconsin.htm

We'll then be taking a few days off as we head for Omaha, NE,
Wyoming, Montana, Washington and finally home to Oregon.

To see a schedule of the remaining venues for this year, please
visit: http://www.tech-notes.tv/2005/2005-2.htm as we continue our
trek west. You can also see where we've been and pictures of the
venues completed. Here's hoping to see you at one of these places. If
you do come, step up and say hi.

You do NOT have to be a member of SBE and/or SMPTE to attend any of
their functions. Anyone with an honest interest in broadcast
technology is *_most_* welcome. There are no admission fees and you
might even win one of the door prizes.

To date, we've received almost 160 E-mail this year alone about what
we've done. You can see what your fellow engineers are saying about
this year's presentation at:
http://www.tech-notes.tv/2005%20Comments.pdf (about 700 KB)