[BC] call letters and their slogans

Larry Fuss lfuss2
Sun Oct 2 07:51:52 CDT 2005

Is WLBA in Gainesville still around?  The calls stood for World's Largest
Broiler Area (chickens).  Later was WNRJ, named for owner Norfleet R.
Johnston.

WFNE in Forsyth GA stood for We're Fun News & Entertainment (it's something
else now).

WBML in Macon was We'll Be Macon's Leader (now something else).

WNEX calls in Macon allegedly came from a KleeNEX box when original owner
was trying to come up with calls.

WBLW in Royston, GA was named for owner B.L. "Slim" Williamson.

WPPI in Carrollton (now WBTR-AM) represented nothing, but original owners
though it looked good as "Whoopie" (never used on air)

WDAL & WJDQ in Meridian MS stood for "We Do A Lot" and "We Just Don't Quit".
AM calls are now elsewhere.

WTSK in Tuscaloosa, AL represents Tuscaloosa with K (original spelling)

WDGM in Greensboro/Tuscaloosa represents "We're Damn Good Music" (not used
on air)

LF