[BC] call letters and their slogans

jaybraswell@bellsouth.net jaybraswell
Sun Oct 2 03:27:36 CDT 2005

W-W-N-S (Statesboro, Ga) - Welcome Where Nature Smiles

W-P-T-B (Statesboro, Ga) - Wonderful Place To Be

W-V-O-P (Vidalia, Ga) - Wonderful Voice Of Personality (originally WRQN)

W-B-B-T (Lyons, Ga) - We're Building a Better Toombs county

W-O-R-G (Orangeburg, SC) - Watching Orangeburg's Rapid Growth (now WPJK. Was
also WPJS)

W-M-G-A (Moultrie, Ga) - Watching Moultrie Grown Agriculturally (now
silent...license cancelled)

W-Y-O-K (Soperton, Ga) - We're Your Own Kind (now silent...license
cancelled)

W-J-A-T (Swainsboro, Ga) - Jack A. Thompson (original owner) The station had
a connected auditorium, which was named after his wife. It was called the
Nancy Auditorium

W-M-A-Z (Macon, Ga) - Watching Mercer Attain Zenith (Mercer University)
(call letters now on channel 13. Radio is WMAC. Was also WMWR for a brief
period)

W-T-W-A (Thomson, Ga) - Washington-Thomson-Warrenton-Area

W-T-O-C (Savannah, Ga) - Welcome To Our City (call letters now on channel
11. Radio is WTKN. Was also WWSA, WCHY)

W-L-E-T (Toccoa, Ga) - (R.G.) LeToureau (original owner) (originally WRLC)

W-C-C-P (Savannah, Ga) - Watching Chatham County Prosper (later WBYG, WQQT,
WWAM, WSAI. Now silent...license cancelled)

W-B-B-Q (Augusta, Ga) - Original owner George Weiss (Car 1 of the WBBQ 24
hour news fleet) was a Chicago native. Station was named after Chicago's
WBBM & WMAQ.

W-N-M-T (Garden City, Ga) - Weather-News-Music-Time (or as owner Chris
Watkins teased, Women Need Men Too, or We Need Money Too) Now
Silent...license cancelled.

W-F-B-C (Greenville, SC) - We Foster Better Citizenship. (calls now on 93.7
FM. AM is WYRD //WORD - Spartanburg)