[BC] Re: WKRP

Larry Fuss lfuss2
Sat Oct 1 13:41:09 CDT 2005

> Dr. Johnny Fever was based on Skinny Bobby Harper who eventually moved
from WQXI to WSB where he was a very successful DJ.

It wasn't a direct move.  Bobby left WQXI and did mornings on WIIN-97 for
several years.  That's where he was when I was in high school and I listened
religiously every morning.  Then he got out of radio for a while.  WSB lured
him back to radio in the early 80s.  I remember his first week at WSB - I
had to show him how to use the production room.  It was a strange feeling
having to show my boyhood radio idol how to work a console.  Bobby died of
lung cancer a couple of years ago.

LF